Tuesday, 7 September 2010

PAUL WELLER THE SUN ONLINE

TAKEN FROM THE SUN'S WEBSITE.
It was tea and biscuits all round as PAUL WELLER invited me and my cameras to his Surrey studio for an intimate Biz Session.

The Modfather is one of the favourites to scoop the Mercury Music Prize today with his latest album Wake Up The Nation.
And to celebrate he rounded up a few of his pals to join us for a mini shindig in his barn.
 It was pinch yourself stuff.

There was a strong British theme with a Union Jack drum kit and even a flag on the toilet seat
After drawing songs from his massive back catalogue, Paul played down his chances of success: "I'm just very pleased that the album is getting more recognition that I feel it deserves.

"I dont think I'll win it but am still well pleased that it's in there."
The tee-total star added there will be no huge party if he emerges victorious.
He added: "I'm not drinking at the moment so I won't be getting shi**ed. "Perhaps I'll have an extra sugar in my Ovaltine."
He also labelled his War Child duet with PAUL McCARTNEY on BEATLES classic Come Together as the best day of his life.
Paul said: "It all kind of came together. The Beatles were a huge influence on me and my career so working with Macca was brilliant. NOEL GALLAGHER got involved too. "We rehearsed at Abbey Road. Working with a Beatle in Abbey Road studio was very surreal. I never ever would have dreamt that would happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment